I don't know about you, but we had an obscene amount of chocolate this Easter - far too much for my two little ones to eat up all by themselves! Such are the perks of being a parent sometimes hey?
However, as much as it is great to eat up chocolate eggs I thought I would make some cupcakes with some of it instead. I know its no longer Easter but here are my using up chocolate easter egg cupcakes anyway!!
You will need:
200g caster sugar
200g unsalted butter
200g self raising flour
25g cocoa powder
2 x medium sized easter eggs, which after you have nibbled a few pieces as you break it into smaller chunks, equates to about 100g of milk chocolate
3 tbsp milk
Then you need to:
- Heat the oven to 160oC
- Place the broken pieces of chocolate into a saucepan together with the milk and heat very gently until the chocolate melts and then stir well, and leave to cool slightly
- Beat the sugar and butter until pale and creamy
- Add the eggs and flour and blend together
- Mix in the cocoa powder
- The add the melted milky chocolate and mix well unil all the ingredients are combined
- Fill your paper cases with the mixture (I used an ice cream scoop) - I made 20 cakes in total
- Place in the oven and cook for about 20 minutes until a knife comes out of the cake clean
- Once cooked allow to cool and then top with some chocolate buttercream and (see below) if you like make the buttercream look like a nest
75g unsalted butter
100g icing sugar
2 tbsp cocoa powder
- then top with some Cadburys mini eggs
then tuck in!!